Sixth Sense selects seven start-ups for its first cohort
Seven Hills was delighted to support the first pitch day from Sixth Sense by Hexagon, a virtual event that saw 13 smart manufacturing start-ups pitch their pioneering innovations to a panel of expert judges and a global audience of 300 manufacturing leaders.
Hexagon powers the dynamic companies that move the world. Its technologies are used to manufacture 90% of aircraft, 75% of smart phones and 95% of every automobile produced worldwide. Sixth Sense is Hexagon’s newly launched open innovation platform, where ambitious, scaling start-ups can connect with world-class companies to solve some of humanity’s biggest challenges.
The Pitch Day identified the seven start-ups that will make up Sixth Sense’s first cohort, beginning their intensive innovate-on-the-job scaling program to deliver a concrete project, supported by coaching, funding and Hexagon’s customer database and expertise.
Seven Hills’ co-founder Michael Hayman MBE DL chaired the event and he was joined by an expert judging panel of investors and scaleup leaders including:
- Parth Joshi, CTO, Hexagon MI
- Milan Kocic, Head of Sixth Sense, Hexagon MI
- Irene Graham OBE, CEO, Scaleup Institute
- Bindi Karia, Venture Partner at Molten Ventures
- Hanadi Jabado, Entrepreneur, Advisor, Investor
- Matt Ohlman, CTO, Shadow Ventures
As well as judging the pitching companies, these experts also held a panel discussing how we can work together to accelerate innovation and how we can collaborate using smart manufacturing to create a sustainable future.
We also heard from David Richards, CEO, Chairman and founder of WANdisco, giving his insights on the future of innovation for growth businesses, looking at creating positive change.
The winning companies as voted by the judges and attendees were:
- IconPro: Software which enables companies around the world to turn production data into sustainable value and growth.
- SmartUQ: The premier supplier of Machine Learning (ML) software optimally designed for science and engineering applications.
- EyeFlow AI: The No-Code SaaS platform to enable anyone to build Computer Vision application with AI in a simple, fast and intuitive way.
- Praemo: Razor™ ingests data as-is from automation, quality, historian, maintenance, and other manufacturing systems delivering differentiating insights to drive next level Continuous Improvement.
- SmartParts: Enabling organizations to unlock the full potential of additive manufacturing by introducing an intelligent material that is scannable, traceable, and cloud-connected.
- SMARTPM: AN engineering company focused on smart automation and optimization of industrial processes, based on in-depth knowledge of industrial and metrology processes.
- RIIICO: Bringing factories into the 21st century with a collaborative planning platform that disrupts how managers visualize their physical spaces and equipment.
You can follow the progress of the first cohort across the Sixth Sense website and social media – make sure to follow on all Sixth Sense platforms: